- Hybrid material structures such as metal-plastic compounds
- Material bonds between different plastics
- Thermoset-fiber composites
- Materials in which a variety of additives are used (e.g. bright/dark colors)
- Polymer foams
- Polymers with flame retardants
The high cost of processing post-consumer waste in particular means that recyclate sometimes has to be offered at higher prices than virgin material. Among other things, this results in a low demand for recyclate on the market, so that sorting and processing of some plastic waste is often still economically unattractive. High-quality recyclate with a high degree of purity is the basis for increased use.
In order to improve the reuse of plastics as a high-quality secondary raw material, it is possible to start at various points in the product life cycle from development to reuse and recycling.